PITTSBURGH CLASSICAL YOGA
VINYASA TEACHER TRAINING
with Lynn Rescigno
existing session started October 2016 – stay tuned for future trainings through PCYTT
This Yoga Alliance approved Teacher Training is for both aspiring teachers (Teacher Track) and serious students of yoga (Self Enrichment Track). Based on Lynn’s background of Jivamukti Yoga, Ashtanga Yoga, Viniyoga, and Iyengar Yoga, this program includes: proper pacing, Sanskrit pronunciation, synchronization of breath and movement, yogic philosophy, anatomy, verbal & hands-on adjustments, pranayama, mantra, and yin & restorative yoga.
- 100+ hours of techniques and practice
- 25 hours of teaching methodology
- 20 hours of anatomy and physiology
- 30 hours of yoga philosophy and lifestyle
- 40 hours of yoga practice (20 classes at BYS Yoga are included in tuition)
- Assisting classes with Lynn
- Self practice and journaling
- Homework assignments (optional for Self Enrichment Track)
- Take home final exam (optional for Self Enrichment Track)
- Jivamukti Yoga by Sharon Gannon and David Life
- Key Muscles of Yoga (Volume 1) by Ray Long
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali (translation by Swami Satchidananda)
- Light on Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar
- Ashtanga Yoga – the Practice Manual by David Swenson
- At least 1 year of regular yoga practice
- Basic knowledge of and reasonable proficiency in Surya Namaskar A & B (Sun Salutations)
- Attendance in Lynn’s regular asana classes at BYS Yoga is recommended, however, not required
- $180 – application fee – non-refundable deposit due with application
- $2,300 – Teacher Track
- $2,100 – Teacher Track (Early Bird) – payment completed by October 3rd 2016
- $1,700 – Self Enrichment Track (no completion certificate will be issued)
- $75 – one-on-one make-up classes with Lynn (if needed)
Payment Plan available by request – contact BYS Yoga for details
- Saturday, October 22nd 2016 from 2:30-6 p.m. (this first meeting date starts 2 hours later than typical)
- Sunday, October 23rd 2016 from 12:30-5 p.m.
- Saturday, November 19th 2016 from 12:30-6 p.m.
- Sunday, November 20th 2016 from 12:30-5 p.m.
- Saturday, December 17th 2016 from 12:30-6 p.m.
- Sunday, December 18th from 12:30-5 p.m.
- Saturday, January 21st 2017 from 12:30-6 p.m.
- Sunday, January 22nd 2017 from 12:30-5 p.m.
- Saturday, February 18th 2017 from 12:30-6 p.m.
- Sunday, February 19th 2017 from 12:30-5 p.m.
- Saturday, March 18th 2017 2016 from 12:30-6 p.m.
- Sunday, March 19th 2017 from 12:30-5 p.m.
- Saturday, April 22nd 2017 from 12:30-6 p.m.
- Sunday, April 23rd 2017 from 12:30-5 p.m.
PLEASE NOTE: to complete the program, additional hours and coursework will be required beyond the group meeting dates. To complete the Teaching Track, you must be present for the final weekend of testing, have all homework assignments complete, and submit your take home final exam by the final meeting date (April 23rd 2017). The Self Enrichment Track will not have to meet the final weekend and home work and testing will be optional.
Training days include a half hour break. The studio is within walking distance to restaurants and coffee houses. We recommend bringing a snack and something to drink – water, tea, and refrigeration available on-site.
On Saturdays, limited free parking is available in the bank parking lot across from the studio after 12 noon (do not park in 24-hour permit spots), as well as on-street (some metered) parking, and a metered parking lot accessed via East Carson Street between 12th & 13th Streets (one block from the studio). On Sundays, all parking spots are free.
Lynn Rescigno (Instructor/Founder, Pittsburgh Classical Yoga Teacher Training)
Kristi Rogers (Director, BYS Yoga)